For all small package shipments the seller is responsible for ensuring that each item is safely packed to prevent against damage in transit. If you are not comfortable packing your own items please have them professionally packed prior to shipping. If you do use a professional packing service, you have the option to charge the seller for the packing fee within the Shipping & Delivery section of the listing form. As the seller, you are responsible for all packing costs and any shipping related damage that results from improper or insufficient packing.
You can help to ensure that your package arrives safely and on time with these packaging guidelines and procedures developed from UPS research.
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous shipment markings on the box that are no longer applicable
- Wrap all items separately
- Use adequate cushioning material
- Use strong tape designed for shipping
- Do not use string or paper over-wrap
- Use a single address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package
White Glove Shipping
When Chairish schedules shipping with one of our white glove shipping partners the seller is not required to do any packing prior to shipping. All items must be uninstalled (chandeliers etc.) or disassembled prior to pickup if appropriate (Bed Frames etc.). Our white glove shippers will pick each item up and will then wrap, box or crate as needed.