Effective Date: February 14th, 2019
Our Core Principles
- Your information on the Chairish’s Services belongs to you.
- We will help you to control your information.
- We will tell you what we do with your information.
- We will never spam you or abuse your information.
What types of information are we talking about?
- Information you provide to us; and
- Information that we collect when you use our website and Services (Services are defined in our Terms of Service).
Information You Provide to Us
When you register with Chairish, you provide us with information to register and set up an account, including email, name, billing and credit card information, contact and other business-related information if you are buying or selling items (“Account Data”). We use this information to provide you the Services and send you Services related notices (including any notices required by law).
We also use your Account Data and data related to your use of the Services to inform you about the Services (such as newsletters, updates to features of the Services), and special offers and promotions from Chairish or our partners.
If you correspond with Chairish, we may retain the content of your messages, your email address and our responses.
If you invite a third party to follow your Chairish gallery through our Services, we will use that party’s email address for the sole purpose of sending your invitation. You must have permission from other individuals before you share their contact information with us. If you do not have permission to share an individual’s information with us, then you must not submit any such information to Chairish.
You can edit or delete your Chairish account information, including your marketing preferences, at any time by going to https://www.chairish.com/account/update, https://www.decaso.com/account/update, and https://deringhall.com/account/personal. Please note you cannot opt out of certain Services related notices. New marketing categories may be added to the marketing preferences from time to time.
Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from your personal information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
Information that We Collect When You Use the Website and Services
While our Services may not operate properly without these technologies, you can set your web browser to refuse all cookies.
Certain of our Services may allow you to choose to register with or log-on to our Services using third-party login credentials, such as your Facebook account information. If you are a Member of Chairish’s Services, you may choose to include a link in your Chairish’s storefront to your account on a third-party social media website, such as Facebook. If you are a Member of Chairish's Services and you log on to the Services using your third-party social media account credentials, you may post notifications regarding new products on your social media account, such as on your Facebook wall. If you choose to register and log-on to the Services using third-party social media account credentials, or if you include a link to your social media account in your storefront, we will collect certain registration information from your social media account, which includes your name and email address, and additional information that may be necessary to authenticate your access to the Services in the future. If you log-on to the Services using third-party social media account credentials, and you choose to "Follow" a Member of Chairish, you consent to Chairish posting a notification on your social media account, such as on your Facebook wall, that you are "following" that Member. You may opt-out of these social media posts at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by changing your preferences on your account page.
How We Share Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information: Chairish will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others and will not share it with others, except as follows:
- Chairish may disclose such information (a) if we are required to do so by law or subpoena, (b) to enforce our terms and policies; or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of Chairish, our Users or others.
- Chairish may store information in physical locations outside the direct control of Chairish (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
- Chairish may share your information with other Users of Chairish to facilitate transactions between Users. For example, if you communicate with a Seller, to inquire about or to purchase an item through Chairish or otherwise, we may share your name and email address, with the Seller of such item, and in the case of a purchase, your payment and shipping information. Without express consent, Sellers should only contact Users and use their personal information for Chairish related communications and for completing the transaction for which the information was provided. Sellers should not use this information to distribute unsolicited commercial messages. Unless a User “follows” the Seller, or the User consents, Sellers should not add Users to their email lists.
- If you send messages to other Users your name, username and the content of such messages will be available to such other Users, and if you publicly post any content on the Chairish website such content, your name and your username will be publicly available.
- Certain of our Services may allow you to choose to be a "Follower" of any Seller on the Chairish Services by clicking on the "Follow" button while viewing any Seller's storefront. If you become a "Follower" of a Seller, your email address and other personal information that you have provided to Chairish may be provided to that designer in order to send you email notifications and other information regarding the Seller’s business, including announcements, events and new products. By choosing to "Follow" a Seller, you consent to receiving email notifications regarding the Seller and to the sharing of your personal information, including your name and email address, with that Seller. Sellers are not agents of Chairish, and Chairish does not control the privacy practices of the Sellers. Chairish may also send you emails or other notices to notify you of developments regarding each of the Sellers that you follow. If you no longer wish to follow a Seller, you may click on the "Unfollow" button on your Chairish account page or on the Seller's storefront at any time. Chairish will attempt to honor "Unfollow" requests promptly, however, Chairish does not control the privacy practices of the Sellers or any other third party.
- Chairish may share your information with trusted third party service providers that Chairish has contracted with to provide you the Services (for example, third party shipping services).
- Chairish may share your information with trusted third party service providers that Chairish has contracted with to provide advertising services using information that our customers provide. If you prefer that Chairish not share your information with these third party service providers, you can opt out by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Chairish may de-identify your personally identifiable information or aggregate information about how you use the Services with usage data from other Users. Chairish may share such de-identified or aggregate usage data with its partners (but not in a manner that would identify you as an individual person).
- Chairish may transfer such information if Chairish is acquired as a business or if its assets are sold, as is typical when a business is acquired or merged.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: email@example.com.
How We Protect Your Information
Chairish employs well-established security measures to safeguard our systems and your information. However, we cannot control all the individuals and activities on the internet and elsewhere, and therefore cannot guarantee that such information will never be compromised.
Chairish’s website and Services are not intended to be used by or directed at children under the age of 16. Chairish does not knowingly collect information of such children. If you are under the age of 16, you may not use the website or Services and you should not submit any information to us.
Links to External Servers and other Websites and Services
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, through posting of such notice on our web page, or by other reasonable means, as determined by Chairish in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
U.S. Based Service