As a peer-to-peer marketplace selling unique pre-owned furniture & decor, going to and from sellers and buyers nationwide, shipping may take longer than traditional retail purchases, where the product is warehoused, or a chain of distribution centers is utilized.
Smaller items and decor are generally shipped via parcel carriers, e.g. UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, or other services.
Following a purchase, buyers, and sellers will receive an email confirming the carrier name and tracking number.
- Most items ship within 3 business days following a sale. Exceptions include lead times to produce an item, or when the shop is on Vacation Hold.
- Domestic US deliveries typically lake 10 days or less, from the order date.
- International shipments typically take 20 days or less, from the order date.
Larger items and furniture typically require special handling and must be shipped using specialized shipping partners.
- Buyers and sellers will receive an update with the carrier name and tracking number via email, within 1 business day following a sale. This detail is also available within your Chairish dashboard under My Purchases or My Sold Items.
- Most larger items are picked up within an average of 15 business days following receipt of a tracking number.
Delivery typically occurs 3-6 weeks after pickup.
- If the pickup or delivery location is outside of standard shipping routes, the delivery may take up to 8 weeks.
Chairish In-Home Delivery shipping partners will handle wrapping, and secure the items for safe transit. All items are insured against loss or damage that may occur during the shipping process, up to the sale price of the item.
Freight shipping is a shipping option that is often used for larger items shipped internationally.
- Freight shipping includes the creation of a custom crate.
The crate may be transported via container ship; or air in conjunction with a courier company such as DHL, FedEx, or UPS.
- Construction of a crate represents a significant portion of the quoted shipping time, and a tracking link is not normally available during this time.
- Once the crate is finished, it will be shipped by air or land and a tracking number will be provided.
Freight shipments can take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.
- Delivery is usually not scheduled and the item will be left at the recipient's front door. If you wish to request a scheduled delivery, you can contact the transit carrier directly.
- To open the crate, you will need additional tools or equipment.