If your newly made or made-to-order product comes in different sizes, colors, or configurations, use the Variants tool to group the listings together. Non-wholesale Chairish sellers may create Variant Groups with one variable attribute.
The Variants tool is intended only for listings that can reasonably be identified as different versions of the same product. The listing form will only accept one variable attribute per Variant Group for non-wholesale Chairish sellers.
Here are some example Variant Groups:
- Pillows of the same print/fabric, offered in different sizes
- Desk lamps offered in different colors
- Brass & lucite cabinet pulls with different center-to-center measurements
- Must be new or made to order.
- Must have the exact same set of brand/maker/artist tags, style tags, materials, country of origin, and pattern selection
- Cannot be showroom samples
- Cannot be vintage/antique
Creating a New Variant Group
Variant Groups can range from 2–20 linked listings. Create your first listing in order to create a new Variant Group. If your product is eligible for Variants, it will be indicated with a “Create Variant Group” link in My Listings.
- To create variants for an existing product, click the link.
- In the following screen, select which attribute your group will vary by. For instance, if you wish to list the same product in different sizes, select “Size.”
After selecting your attribute and clicking “Create a Variant,” all of the information from the initial listing will be copied over from the original listing, except for the photos and title. Locked fields that must be consistent between all listings in a Variant Group are indicated with the padlock icon.
If you wish to change the variable attribute within the Variant Group, click “Edit” next to “Variant Group” at the top of the page.
If you do not want to save or submit the current listing as a variant, click "Unlink this Draft" at the top of the page. Once your variant listing has been published, it cannot be “unlinked” from the group.
To add to your Variant Group, click the “Manage Variants” link in My Listings. By clicking this link, you can view all current variants in the group.
Click “Add Variant” at the top of the page. This will open the listing form for your next variant.
Note: You can not link 2 existing listings as Variants. Variant listings must be created via either of the 2 methods above.
For further clarification or troubleshooting, please contact email@example.com.